Ace, King, Queen, Jack, Ten, all in the same suit. There are only four possible royal flushes i.e. Spades, Diamonds, Hearts and Clubs.
Any Five cards in sequence of same suit. FOUR OF A KIND: As the name suggests four cards of same value but different suits. For e.g. four 8s
Three Cards of same value and the other two of same value. For e.g. Three Jacks and Two 9s
All five cards are in same suit but not in sequence.
Any five numbered cards in sequence but not of same suit. Highest Straight/Broadway: Ace, King, Queen, Jack, and 10. Lowest Straight/The Wheel: Ace, Two, Three, Four, Five.
THREE OF A KIND/ TRIPS
The first three card has same value but the other two does not match.
As the name suggests, we have two pairs. E.g. Two Kings, Two 10s and a 9.
It is in no pair, made of any 5 cards.
BASIC RULES OF TEXAS HOLDEM
- Before the dealing of the hole cards starts, 2 blinds i.e. Small Blind and Big Blind are placed in front of the players to the immediate left of the dealer button and forced bets are made to initiate the action.
- Every Player is dealt with two hole cards and the player to the left of the big blind initiate the action, they can fold, call or raise according to their game strategy, the action then continues with other players choosing from the same set of action as required. This is first round of betting.
- Once the first betting round is completed the dealer does the first three face ups on the board, i.e. The Flop. These are the community cards. The second round of betting starts with the player seated left to the dealer. The player can check or bet. The other players can check, raise or bet, depending upon what was the previous action.
- Upon completion of the second round, the dealer will turn one card up, this is called Fourth Street.” Once again the third round of betting starts with the player left of the dealer.
- fter the third round of betting is completed, the subsequent action of the dealer will again be turning another card up. This is called River or Fifth Street. Again the similar fourth round of betting starts, following the completion of fourth betting round, the players show their hole cards and the best hand or the winner is determined.